Kategorie: Phono Vorstufen
Ausstattungsliste: 47 Lab Phonocube Model 4712 with Model 4700 Power Humpty
"Fantastic, unmatched, fascinating, impressive...
In a word, absolutely superior!"
WAM Summer, 2000
- Unique equalizing circuitry that amplifies all the voltage the cartridge generates without loss.
- Complete dual mono structure with each channel in a separate chassis.
- Rigid and compact aluminum chassis to ensure a quick and smooth release of vibrations.
- World`s smallest number of parts --------- 25 parts per channel
- World`s shortest signal pass length -------------- 44 m/m
- Powerful voltage regulation with high capacity transformer - 170 VA cut-core transformer +- Individual coils
- To be upgraded into complete mono structure by adding another Model 4700.
LP playback is fascinating in its rich presence and freshness of the sound. It quietly demonstrates superiority of its logical simplicity. However, we are not satisfied with the sound of today`s LP playback systems; most of them sound too neat and clean, even tasteless, like distilled water.
With Phonocube, our intention is to enhance the richness of LP sound, and differentiate it even more from the sound of a CD.
The sound that Phonocube creates was the target when we were developping Flatfish and Progression.
- Input impedance 0 ohm
Most of currently available phono equalizers are designed to amplify the voltage that appears at both ends of a resistor when a current generated by the cartridge is carried to the ground through this resistor. Our Phonocube has a unique and original circuitry ( with input impedance of 0 ohm), which enables all of the current generated by the cartridge to flow directly into the amplifying circuit.
- Unique equalizing circuit with advantages of both NF and CR types.
Although NF type circuitry is known for its high S/N ratio, a rise in the high frequency is always inevitable. The unique equalizing circuit of Phonocube allows the same level of high S/N ratio while maintaining the smooth and accurate equalizing character of the CR type.
- Extreme simplicity --- minimum circuitry
To preserve the freshness of the sound, we reduced the number of parts as much as possible, 25 per channel, and achieved the shortest signal pass length ever (44 m/m).
- Rigid and compact chassis construction
The chassis of Phonocube is constructed from two aluminum tubular frames ( 40 x 80 m/m section ) and front and rear panels of 10 m/m thick machined aluminum. Each circuit of left and right channels is encased in a separate chassis to eliminate interference between them and to achieve ideal dual mono structure.
Most of MC cartridges available in the current market are compatible with the standard version. For those cartridges with an extremely small output level and/or high internal impedance, we have the high-gain version. The standard version has 75dB and the high-gain version has 90dB of gain. Since it is a current amplification device with 0 ohm input impedance, output level is determined by the output amperage of the cartridge (output voltage divided by internal impedance). If you are not sure about which version suites better for your cartridge, please contact SAKURA SYSTEMS.
|Gain||2 types to match the internal impedance of different cartridges|
|type A ( standard ) / type B ( high gain )|
|Dimensions||Model 4712 90 (w) x 100 (d) x 90 (h) m/m|
|Mode 4700 130 (diameter) x 195 (d) m/m|